The Mounds View Schools Education Foundation is seeking to hire a new Director of Foundation Operations. This position is accountable to the Foundation’s Board of Trustees, reporting directly to the Executive Committee.
Established in 1987, the Mounds View Schools Education Foundation has evolved into a leader in facilitating philanthropic support for our school community. The MVSEF works in partnership with the Mounds View School District leadership to identify programs that require funding to advance priorities that reach every school in the district.
The director is the primary, part-time, staff person responsible for managing the MVSEF’s operations, including but not limited to the following:
- Facilitate monthly executive committee (President, Vice President, Treasurer & Secretary) and board meetings.
- Execute two annual events: Partnering for Education (150-200 attendees) and Rock the School House (200-300 attendees).
- Collaborate with MVSEF trustees to identify and recruit board prospects.
- Administer annual giving campaign.
- Work with Foundation bookkeeper and Treasurer to manage day to day financial operations.
- Implement Foundation communications plan, including website and social media updates.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in the nonprofit sector.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience in executing special events and utilizing databases.
- Background in nonprofit organizations and best practices
- Commitment to supporting the public education experience for students in the Mounds View Public Schools community.
20 hours per week (may vary depending on event cycle).
Interested candidates should submit their inquiries or resume to [email protected] attn: MVSEF Board of Trustees.
***With the conclusion of a successful Rock the School House fundraiser this past September, our current director of foundation operations, Jon Ruzek, notified the foundation board that he is concluding the independent contract with our organization at the end of the calendar year to focus on family needs and other professional opportunities. Our board thanks Jon for his efforts over the last year and looks forward to working together during the transition to a new director.